Russell Sparkman and Kevin Sparkman, of FusionSpark Media, and Frank Barry, of Blackbaud, will conduct the Nonprofit Industry Lab at Content Marketing World, on September 11, 2014.
During this lively and dynamic Lab participants will learn the essentials of content marketing for nonprofits. Topics covered will focus upon the role of content in support of nonprofit needs, ranging from awareness creation and public education, to volunteer recruitment, donor development and fundraising.
This Lab will be one part presentation and one part hands-on assignment.
By the end of the day, participants will have not only gained a conceptual grasp as to how and why content marketing strategy helps nonprofit organizations succeed in a multiplatform, multichannel world, but will have put the lessons to practice during the workshop.
Topics covered will include:
- The role and importance of a written content strategy
- Essentials of a great content strategy
- How to manage a nonprofit content marketing initiative
- Nonprofit mistakes and pitfalls in content marketing
- How to budget for content marketing
- How to determine frequency, and channels, for effective content marketing
- Outsourcing content versus in-house content development
- Explaining content marketing to nonprofit boards of directors
- Generating and reporting content marketing ROI
- Tools and applications for managing content marketing